Monday, June 8, 2009

Washington Wine Country Tour

This past weekend was a bit yucky weather-wise. On Saturday I had no dog-events planned so Jerill and I decided earlier in the week that we wanted to go on a 1-day road trip. I asked my mom if she would watch the 3 dogs for us as we didn't think that it would be safe to take them with us and leave them in the car when we would go do those touristy things.

Mom agreed to watch the dogs and Jerill and I went to Barnes and Noble and purchased, with his gift card, a travel book on Washington Wineries.

We decided to go to the Yakima Valley / Prosser / Richland area of the state. We took the Hybrid and averaged 42 mpg on the 400+ mile round trip. We visited four wineries and had a greek-lunch at a winery too. It was a nice drive, the weather was wonderful and we were able to buy some good wines right at the source.

Here are some pictures from the trip!


The Prosser wine valley

Columbia Crest Winery


Columbia Crest Winery - lots of barrels!

Jerill at lunch time

I consider it my duty as a car enthusiast to take a picture of a nice red Ferarri when I see one.

This is where we ate a late lunch in Richland; The Tagaris Winery. Their Pinot Gris was really great.

Terra Blanca Winery in Benton City, WA. A very nice place!

More from the Terra Blanca

Seriously, this marks the first time that Jerill or I have ever stopped here. I-90, exit 101




No comments:

Post a Comment