Thursday, October 23, 2008

Welcome to My Hybrid Life

Well, this is my first blog and first post and first time sharing my personal opinions out there in the big world.

My name is Janet Thorpe. I'm 32 years old. I'm a Gemini. I am a professional Market Researcher - right now for a health insurance company. I am married to a wonderful guy named Jerill and have an ever growing household of pets - 2 cats and 2 dogs. More to come on those guys later!

I've named this blog My Hybrid Life because recently I purchased a 2009 Honda Civic Hybrid, also apparently known as a Honda IMA (integrated motor assist). I can't explain how the car works other than the transmission is like a snowmobile - it doesn't change gear, it just continuously builds speed. The car has a 110hp engine and is a clean-green-machine. It's dark, sparkly grey with a nice tan interior. I ordered it and waited 2 months for it to be shipped over from Japan. I do like it but it's taking some getting used to.

I like cars, fast ones to be precise. So, trading in my WRX for a 110hp commuter car was a big step for me and took some serious consideration. Foremost, I was losing my rowdy, scrappy red car that I loved driving fast. Secondly, I wasn't sure if I would be able to live up to the image of being a hybrid-person - you know what I mean? Yes, I own Birkenstocks and yes, I have shopped at PCC for many, many years, but was I really a Hybrid person?

Thus begins my adventures of my new hybrid life.

1 comment:

  1. Your transmission is a CVT (continuously variable transmission), so there's no gear jumping like in a classic automatic transmission, making it more fuel efficient. Trust me, as someone once clocked by the New Hampshire State Patrol doing 120 mph (I do miss that Audi sometimes...), you'll get used to the fuel sippers.

    Check out my blog here: http://andyamyalpental.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete